Sunday, May 12, 2013

Allow me to introduce myself ...

I am a mother, a Registered Nurse, and a passionate advocate for whole body health and wellness.  I have several goals, including: 
  1. Share personal experience, evidence-based information (I have found or stumbled upon), and wellness solutions.
  2. Move away from unhealthy foods including processed foods, GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms), non-organic foods, and mass produced, antibiotic and hormone injected, corn fed beef, chicken or fish. 
  3. Share my experiences and journey as I pursue these goals.  (Which could be comical...my husband has already endured freakish purging of all plastic containers in the kitchen after my discovery that they can leech harmful substances into food.  Not to mention my most recent addition, cedar raised garden beds to try to grow organic vegetables in our backyard...did I mention I have no green thumb whatsoever!!)
As a mother, I have a vested interest, and a responsibility, to guide my daughter to a healthy lifestyle that will provide her with the best quality life she can imagine.  My belief is to instill healthy habits for my daughter, so that she may excel in all areas of her life.  As a RN, I have worked with patients suffering from chronic health conditions such as Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, Congestive Heart Failure, and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Emphysema)...to name a few.  I have spent significant time researching illness prevention and witnessed the pain and suffering as a results of my experiences with patients.  Although I have not thought of a cure, (otherwise I would be independently wealthy and a household name) I continually come across new ways to improve my health and prevent illness.  This will serve as an ongoing journal of discovery and applied methods to attempt to continue to improve health and promote wellness.  I hope you enjoy my thoughts and find something that will inspire your own journey to health and wellness. 
See my "About Me" page to learn more about my personal journey.
Oh...and did I mention this is my first blog ever...so I apologize in advance for my "rookie" blogging skills!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment